November 9, 2016
- Somewhere around March (perhaps sooner), there will be a great deal of buyer’s remorse.
- He will be a one-term president.
- He will run his time in office in the same way he ran his campaign, and his businesses before that. His time in office will reflect his values.
- The “burn it down,” isolationist, take it back from “them” mentality that created Brexit and a Trump presidency will increase, not decrease. Except, now those on the left will join in more than ever.
- It will be a good time to be a comedian.
- It will be a good time to be in armaments.
- As cronies are rewarded, we will find the calibre of those he surrounds himself with will not elevate the office.
- With control of both houses and Trump as president, the right will run so hard and so fast, it will knock your breath out. It will be their undoing.
- It will be a good time to be in marajuana.
- The sun will continue to rise, but the earth will continue to heat.
- He will continue to be distractible and thin-skinned. Unexpected people will suffer from that.
- Animals may not come out ahead when the head of state has a fur-loving, hunting family.
- Trump’s business interests will prosper disproportionately.
- There will be so much scandal, it will affect the functioning of government.
I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think I will be.
I normally console myself in times of political disappointment by saying, “They are never as good as you hope, nor as bad as you fear.” Let’s hope that is the case here.